"MIXED MEDIA" #26craftyhours Series 2

There are so many ways to add a unique flair to your handmade Projects - from adding glitz and glam with glitter glues to embellishing with twine and ribbons.
If you're the kind of crafter who wants your Project to have that certain elements and leave your recipient thinking "how did she do that?" Mixed Media would do the job !
 
I enjoy the process , the techniques involved in making the projects is so much fun that I just feel like making one after another.
 
Series 2 of #26craftyhours on Instagram is all about Mixed Media projects.
I would be sharing only few projects with their detailed pictures in this post, to keep appropriate length.


 
 Romantic Album
So this is accordion styled album from @kaisercraft ,Its a chipboard album .
I have used five pages of this album for mixed media art and the rest for putting pictures. The tones of colour are pink , blue &mustard yellow ! I have used flowers , chipboard pcs which have been painted with gold and copper colour to add a rustic look as well to the album. The purple organza ribbon goes beautifully with album at the places where the album needed to be connected.

 
 



 
 
 
 
Stacey Young inspired Dream catcher
 
I love stacey young designs and her ideas. Her style of combining the water painting with flowers and little bit of other embellishments is an amazing idea. So needed to try it myself, for the base i have used some crackle paste and drew the Dream catcher, i mean water coloured it.I have used white laces and crochet flowers on the circle part with a good mix of flowers blue ,white pink & green on the hoop border. lastly a sentiment "believe" to go with it.
 

 
 
 

 
 
Same old boring looking signs of do not disturb, doesn't make you want to have something cute and quirky looking signs for your baby's room. So I just came up with this  Shhhh....baby is sleeping...Do not disturb sign with a twist which not only be eyecatchy but at the same time would add a different element to your home. It's really simple and easy to make ,the technique involved is quite interesting. Can you make a guess what has been used at the base?

 
 

 friends may go, but the memories will stay,
choosing to spend good times with friends is a great alternative to spending good times with other people. friends allow to be yourself while still having fun. Sharing thoughts and having a good conversation while laughing out loud with friends makes a huge difference in our life. 'Have a cup of positivity' mixed media frame was conceptualised on the same thought.I have used watercolours and some mixed media supplies to make this art pc.



I was just hooked to mixed media art when I thought to do the techniques on wooden shapes. I immediately ordered few pcs. from a local vendor here. At the same time I was  new to Art Crayons. As a beginner I was super excited to work with the crayons, they were so smooth and easy to work with. for this pc I wanted the motif to be very much prominent on a white base. so I tried to keep it as simple as possible. And that's how this gorgeous pc. of art was made. simply scribbling few flowers with rough hand and with a little drizzle of water spreading the colour into the inner area of the design.
For the message I have used  Resin pcs. which says "YOU &ME TOGETHER".
I am in love with this pc. Just  so simple and yet so much attractive.
 
 

 
Hope you got enough inspired by the ideas and would look forward to my another post on the same, which will be a continuation of this post.
 
for regular updates follow @Scrappydesk  on instagram.
 
love
Triza
Happy Crafting!









































Comments